While things have been busy enough at Liveschool HQ, our trainers and team members managed to squeeze in global tours, releasing hit records, producing fine remixes, knocking over crisp mixdowns and writing all-new material.
This is what they’ve been up to since the last update…
What’s Been Happening:
- George Nicholas (Seekae / Cliques)
- became an Ableton Certified Trainer (one of only 200 worldwide).
- touring across Europe & USA with Seekae
- Boiler Room set which made up for the one he missed last year
- Cliques live performance at RBMA, Sydney
- Seekae live performance at RBMA, Brighton
- performing at the SXSW Future Classic showcase.
- gave an Ableton Certified Trainer presentation at SXSW
- gave a presentation on live performance workflows at Sydney Conservatorium of Music
- Harley Streten (Flume)
- Yama Indra (GLOVES)
- Dave Norris (Dizz1)
- Adam Maggs
- building our Free Drum Rack downloads with Anthony Garvin (Studios 301)
- coordinating a repeat of last years live soundtrack performance by a supergroup of 5 x Push players for Vivid Festival
- curating sound designers for the upcoming Bleep Sequencer (human step-sequencer) installation at Vivid Festival.
- bringing the Ableton University Tour to Australia
- Assessed and certified 5 new Ableton Certified Trainers in Australia, December, including our man George
- Thomas McAlister (Alba)
- Joel Farland
- touring the USA as the drummer for Miami Horror.
- SXSW showcase performances
- musical director for multiple acts, and co-engineering the live show for Hayden James
- Josh Molony (Liveschool Student Support / One Talk)
- RBMA, Sydney live performance
- GRNFST live performance
- Om Unit, support act
- Elizabeth Rose
- Released her Good Life EP
- Australia tour
- USA Tour
- European Tour (catch her play next week at Berghain Kantine, Berlin)
- Anthony Garvin (Studios 301)
- 5 x Ableton Push supergroup – a live soundtrack experience, performed by 5 Ableton Push players (all un-synced, playing only Push with laptops out of reach and out of sight). Featuring Touch Sensitive, Joel Farland (Miami Horror), Yama Indra (GLOVES), Adam Maggs & Thomas McAlister (Alba).
- Yama Indra (GLOVES) is currently mixing the new EP from Brisbane duo Yale, then will be mixing a release for a new project from Vinci Andanar and Ryan D’Sylva of Gold Fields.
- Joel Farland is preparing for a world tour of the soon-to-be-completed new Miami Horror album.
- Elizabeth Rose playing Berghain Kantine, Berlin, May 30th.
Subscribe to our newsletter to keep up with our latest free tutorials, samples, video interviews and more to educate & inspire your music production.
Learn more about our hand-selected roster of Trainers.